* CALL FOR SCRIPT SUBMISSIONS CLOSED *
Submissions are closed!
Thank you to all those who submitted and spread the call far and wide. We’re excited to read all of the scripts that you’ve sent us!
Stay tuned for announcements about our autumn/winter project…
Summer 2019 - CALL FOR SCRIPT SUBMISSIONS
UK-based Night Train Theatre Company is now accepting script submissions for an autumn/winter 2019 production.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
• 45 mins+ run time
• 2-3 characters, at least one which can be played by a female actor
• We are particularly interested in scripts that tell untold/little-known stories with an international perspective or inflection.
• Original translations and adaptations are also welcome.
• Scripts may have been previously produced — we’re as excited about the world premiere of good writing as we are in third or fourth (or more!) productions.
Please email your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org by AUGUST 7, 2019. In your email, please include:
• a full PDF of the script
• playwright name
• playwright country of residence
• brief playwright biography (1-3 sentences)
There is no submission fee.
Send us your scripts (we can’t wait to read them) & please spread the word!
REHEARSED READING @ hotbed THEATRE festival 2019
Night Train will return to Hotbed Festival on Sunday, 21 July! Join us at 12:30 at the Cambridge Junction where we’ll present our work-in-progress reading of EPYLLION, an original adaptation of Virgil’s Aeneid written by Night Train co-founder Alona Bach!
Actually, join for the whole weekend: there’s a brilliant line-up of companies telling stories about Soviet history, Greek mythology, dance, Brexit, and more.
Thanks to Menagerie Theatre Company for bringing us on board!
➡️tickets & info: https://www.junction.co.uk/epyllion
1st stop: Teatr Arabesky in Kharkiv
Two standing ovations and a thought-provoking Q&A at this wonderful venue in Kharkiv, where we were welcomed by one of our partners, Teatr Arabesky.
Thank you to the whole team at Arabesky and to brilliant volunteers who helped make this festival happen! 🚂
night train in Ukraine
In June, Night Train will be collaborating with Ukrainian theatre companies Teatr Arabesky (Театр-студія ‘Арабески’) and Teatr Na Zhukakh (Театр на Жуках) to produce an international festival in Kharkiv in June 2019. 🚂